Why Can’t I Keep Mice Out Of My Sacramento, CA Home?
December 15, 2021
The consequences of procrastination with pest remediation are more remarkable than people realize. It won’t take long for insects and creatures to penetrate your Sacramento home and destroy it, along with your personal belongings. They can also bring bodily harm to you with bites, stings, or scratches. Moreover, you can become sick because of the germs or diseases a critter carries. When a species multiplies in a flash, the risks are even higher. This is the situation with mice.
Since mice lean on human beings for their every need, it’s hard to evade them. Blocking them out is a task due to their ability to work their way indoors efficiently. As uncomfortable as it might be to read about them, doing so may give you the upper hand. You’ll be able to build your defense plan. Proserv Pest Management can enhance your efforts.
How Do Mice Behave? What Are The Hazards?
One rodent species that are prevalent inside of dwellings are house mice. While a lighter color is on their stomachs, their hair is predominantly gray, brown, or black. Their seven-inch-long bodies are flexible; it is simple for them to pass through a hole ½ of an inch in diameter. If it’s difficult, they’ll use their spiky teeth. After entering, the vermin will go to dark areas where they won’t be bothered. Damp and humid corners are ideal. You might see them in structural voids, basements, and cabinets. Mouse preparation is especially critical for property owners who live near grassy or wooded places.
Foundations, piping, and wires are some of the things mice will attack to file their teeth. Costly catastrophes can be ahead for you, such as cosmetic damage, plumbing fractures, and electrical shortages or fires. Steep medical bills could be in play too. These pests are associated with salmonella, lymphocytic choriomeningitis, and hantavirus. Given that they have bacteria and parasites in their fur, they can taint surfaces and food. In addition, they have microbes in their waste and saliva. They’re essentially germ catchers on top of that, as they run in gross spaces. You’ll encounter them around gutters, dumpsters, and streets.
Infestation confirmations are:
- Discovering rod-like fecal pellets with blunt tips
- Finding footprints with four front toes and five back toes
- Hearing squeaking and scratching noises
- Seeing bite indentations on cords and walls
- Detecting unpleasant smells
How Can You Prevent Mice?
To conquer mice, you must diligently stick with preventative methods. All it takes is one unguarded moment, and vermin will be dominating your domicile. Infestations are tough to control after they’ve started. Do the following:
- Get rid of all clutter.
- Carefully wash the dishes and clean your kitchen regularly.
- Make sure floors are swept and mopped, and carpeting is vacuumed.
- Put food and trash in airtight containers. Do this for pet meals as well.
- Have moisture malfunctions and leaks fixed as soon as possible.
- Seal gaps in utilities, windows, doors, and foundations. Use steel wool instead of rubber and plastic, which is chewable.
- Routinely hose out vents, drains, and gutters.
- Place plants at least two feet away from the property.
- Trim grass and greenery frequently.
What Can Proserv Pest Management Do About Mice?
Generally, retail pesticides and traps are to kill individual mice and for temporary use. You will not rectify an infestation with these avenues. Another thing to keep in mind is that those store items are expensive and could be toxic.
For a safe, affordable, and effective rodent control route, contact us at Proserv Pest Management. We have industrial-grade baits, traps, sanitation solutions, exclusion tools, and more. Call today for a free quote!